We value your privacy and your trust. This page describes our plan to keep both. There are two sections:
Email us at edMe@myedme.com with any questions, comments or concerns.
Written just for kids:
It’s important to protect your safety in real life and online. These sentences describe how we keep you safe:
We use a random number (not your name) in our data table. You can create a good user name that makes you even more safe. Here is a picture of the data we save when you share it with us.
If you or your parents ever want to see or delete the information we have for your account, just email us (edMe@myedMe.com).
We work with other companies to ensure that this data cannot be hacked. These other companies may access our site from time to time. They are not allowed to download your data, but it’s important you know who can see how the site works.
We are keeping your data safe in 3 ways:
- We do not ask you for important data (like where you live, who you are).
- We work with companies that make our site strong and secure.
- We give you the right to see your data at any time.
We work hard to make sure you stay safe. Try to only use companies that do the same. Your safety online is important. If you have any questions, email us edMe@myedme.com.
For Parents with Law Degrees 🙂
edMe Learning (“edMe,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Society”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit myedMe.com (“Visitors”). This Privacy Statement describes edMe’s privacy practices in relation to the myedMe.com web application (collectively, the “Services”).
If you have questions or complaints regarding edMe’s Privacy Statement or associated practices, please contact us at edMe@myedme.com
1. Services covered
This Privacy Statement covers the information practices, including how edMe collects, uses, shares and secures information you provide myedMe.com.
2. Information collected
When creating an account, edMe requires you to provide the Society with a personal contact information, your email address. In addition, we collect answers to the academic questions. We do not keep or track or merge other Personal Identifiable Information like address, race, gender, etc.
3. Use of information collected
edMe Learning uses Data about myedMe.com users to perform the services requested.
4. Sharing of information collected
edMe does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes. From time to time, edMe does contract with third-party vendors to improve our technology offerings and performance. The current list of authorized contractor(s) is/are: WooCommerce. These contractors agree to only work on the infrastructure of the web application and are not authorized to download any user data.
edMe reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
5. International transfer of information collected
The Society stores Data about edMe Customers and users. To facilitate edMe’s global operations, the Society may access such information from around the world. This Privacy Statement shall apply regardless of which country the Data is accessed from by the Society.
6. Correcting and updating your information
edMe may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use myedMe.com and for a reasonable period of time afterward. However, we will regularly delete unused accounts.
7. Customer Data
edMe acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. If you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please contact edMe@myedme.com.
edMe uses robust security measures to protect Data about edMe Customers and Data about edMe Attendees.
9. EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the EU, you have the following additional rights regarding use and access to your data (as specified under the GDPR).
- Right of access. You may request a copy of the information that we have on you by sending a request to edMe@myedme.com. We will reply with seven days and provide a copy of the information within thirty days.
- Right of rectification. You can update your information at any time by logging into our website and updating your profile. If there is information on your profile that you cannot edit and wish to have it changed, please send an email to edMe@myedme.com. We will reply with seven days and correct any incorrect information within thirty days.
- Right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you can request that we delete your data from our records. The decision on whether we can delete your data is based on factors including compliance, record keeping, and other restrictions that edMe does not have control over. To request to have your data deleted, please send an email to edMe@myedme.com. We will reply with seven days and accommodate your request within 30 days if we can do so. If we cannot delete or “anonymize” your data, we will provide you the reasons for doing so, and you have a right to object to our reasoning.
- Right to restriction of processing. You can grant or remove consent for processing of your data at any time by logging into the sight and updating your preferences.
- Right of portability. If you would like a copy of the data that we have on you in a machine readable format, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply with seven days and provide a copy your data within thirty days.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
11. Contacting us
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the Society’s Websites and Services should be directed via email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
edMe Learning– Privacy
10669 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22032
Who We Are
edMe is a for-profit company with headquarters in Farifax, VA. edMe is leading research and application of educational technologies that meet each student’s needs and goals. We are working directly with families and schools to ensure this work is down quickly and safely to truly transform the educational landscape. edMe also serves the educators who train the professionals, researchers who develop related technology, and students who are preparing for the profession.